Thursday, May 18, 2017

Two Nights in Houston by Sofia Grey


Rock God Alex is in love with Sylvie, the bass guitarist in his band. Alex longs to tell her how he feels, but with the change and tragedy that have shaken her world, it never feels like the right time.

Event Horizon's two-night layover in Houston could either be the perfect opportunity, or the mistake that pushes her away.

Where to Buy








This book was fairly short and my review of it will be as well. For the most part, I think the 5 star rating I gave it speaks for itself here, though perhaps a bit more detail is in order. In short, I loved it. In long, I loved it and it was a completely satisfying read in the way that Lying in Shadows wasn't quite. It stayed focused on the two main characters, and while it didn't rush anything with finally getting Alex and Sylvie together, it also didn't drag things out for a needlessly long time or throw in a lot of unnecessary obstacles either. Two thumbs up and 5 bright stars to a wonderful, quick little read.

Warning: Some spoilers beyond the break



If you've read Addiction then you already knew before starting this series that Alex and Sylvie end up married and madly in love. This is part of why I had some problems with Lying in Shadows, because I just wasn't buying that Sylvie and Rico were truly head over heels in love (yes, they are the couple that I alluded to in my review). It was clear that she felt more true attraction to Alex even if she wouldn't or couldn't see or admit it to herself. Maybe my opinion on it was biased by the fact I already knew that she ends up with Alex, but it was gratifying to get confirmation in this book that I wasn't too far off the mark in my assessment of things.

A wonderful story that I highly recommend whether or not you've read the first book in the series yet. True, having the background from that one helps a bit, but you'll have no trouble understanding what's going on here if you haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment