Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Kiss by Sotia Lazu


Eliza is out on a first date, when the lights go out and someone other than the man she's out with takes advantage of the dark to kiss her more passionately than she’s ever been kissed before.

Since the mystery kisser has to be one of the men sitting nearest to her, Eliza is now determined to kiss as many frogs as she needs to until she finds her prince.


Where to Buy







This was a cute story, and I really liked the first part when she was trying to figure out who had kissed her. It's pretty obvious almost right away to the reader who it was, but was interesting to see how she went about trying to figure it out. I thought the story drug on just a bit too long though, and the last chapter and a half or so could have been left out I think and the story would have still been reasonably complete. I also found the teenage antics/angst a bit off-putting at times, but not enough so that it was ever really an issue for me. Still, I think I might have enjoyed this just a bit more if the characters had been a bit more grown up and mature instead of still barely out of high school as they are. I'll give it 3½ stars, and I'm sure fans of new adult contemporary romance will enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment